1. This Privacy Notice (the “Notice”) sets out how we, Downtoat Research and Consulting (OPC) Private Limited (Down-To-a-T), registered company identity number U74999KA2018OPC113201, L-8, T-1, Umiya Business Bay, Cessna Business Park, Kadubeesanahalli, Bangalore, Karnataka, India, 560037 and our affiliates and associated offices (collectively “Down-To-a-T”, “we”, “us”, “our”) process the personal data of individuals (each a “User”, “you”, “your”, “yourself”) who contact us or who use our websites, services, programs, content and related features (collectively, the “Services”).
4. We will let you know, by posting on our website or otherwise, if we make any changes to this Notice from time to time. Your continued use of the Services after notifying such changes will amount to your acknowledgement of the amended Notice.
5. Down-To-a-T may disclose aggregated information to third parties about the use of the website, general statistical information about the website and visitors, such as number of visitors, number and type of services provided. We shall not sell / use / redistribute or rent your personal information for marketing purposes without your explicit consent.
7. “Personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person, known as ‘data subject’, who can be identified directly or indirectly; it may include name, address, email address, phone number, IP address, location data, cookies, call recording and similar information. It may also include “special categories of personal data” such as racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, and the processing of genetic data, biometric data for the purpose of uniquely identifying a data subject, data concerning health or data concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation.
Type of Personal Information We Collect
8. Direct information provided by user: We collect personal information that you provide when you use the website or services offered by Down-To-a-T. We also collect personal information when you voluntarily upload information, send us emails, complete customer surveys, provide feedback, and participate in competitions. Examples of personal information that we collect from you are your name, address, telephone number, date of birth, gender, email address, password, username, or any other information that you freely supply to us.
9. Information collected using web services: When you contact us or send us an email, we may collect such personal information that you freely supply to us. We also collect any personal information that you post publicly on the website. Our server logs automatically collect information, such as your IP address, your browser type and language, the pages on the website visited, and the date and time of your visit, which helps us gather statistics on the website and to track users’ movements around the website in order to customize and improve the website. We may use standard internet tools, such as web beacons and cookies, which collect information that track your use of the website and enable us to customize our services and advertisements.
10. Information about others: You may also provide to us personal data relating to third parties, such as people who you work with, reporters and other individuals who comment on markets and news, business actors relevant to your industry and other individuals.
11. Information from third-party sources: This may include information received from credit reference agencies, our service providers and other third parties.
Your Consent to Call Recording
12. All inward calls to our number gets automatically recorded. When you call us and by continuing your call it is implied that you give consent that your call may be recorded. If you do not agree to this, you must contact us by alternative means.
13. We may record your calls with us for the following purposes:
- a. establishing the existence of facts relevant to our business, including a record of your instructions, orders, complaints or other communications;
- b. reviewing how we and our personnel comply with our regulatory and legal obligations;
- c. quality control and staff training;
- d. preventing and detecting crime; and
- e. ensuring the effective operation of our communication systems and detecting and preventing unauthorized use.
Use of Personal Data
- a. improve your browsing experience by personalizing the Websites and to improve the Service
- b. send information to you which we think may be of interest to you by post, email, or other means
- c. send you marketing communications relating to our business or the businesses of carefully-selected third parties which we think may be of interest to you
- d. provide other companies with statistical information about our users – but this information will not be used to identify any individual user. We may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, we do not transfer your unique Personal data to the third party. Also, we may share data with trusted partners to contact you based on your request to receive such communications, help us perform statistical analysis, or provide customer support. Such third parties are prohibited from using your Personal data except for these purposes, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
- e. responding to your queries, requests and other communications;
- f. providing the Services including our website and related features as well as the sale of reports, subscription services, research activities, preparation of bespoke reports and providing other information services. This may include retaining a record of your purchase history and, subject to your preferences, payment details to facilitate future purchases, subscription renewals and payments
- g. allowing you to use features on our website, when you choose to do so
- h. serving personalised advertising to your devices, based on your interests in accordance with our Cookie Statement below. You have the right to disable cookies as set out below
- i. ensuring the security of our business and preventing and detecting fraud
- j. administering our business, including complaints resolution, troubleshooting of our website, data analysis, quality control, staff training, testing of new features, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- k. complying with applicable law, including in response to a lawful request from a court or regulatory body.
Use of Credit Card Information
15. If you give us credit card information, we use it solely to check your financial qualifications and collect payment from you. We use third-party service provider to manage credit card processing. This service provider is not permitted to store, retain, or use information you provide except for the sole purpose of credit card processing on our behalf.
16. The legal basis for our processing of personal data for the purposes described above will typically include:
- a. processing necessary to fulfil a contract that we have in place with you or other data subjects, such as processing for the purposes set out in paragraphs 14(a), (b), (c) and (d);
b. your consent, such as processing for the purposes set out in paragraphs 14 (e) and (f);
- c. processing necessary for our or a third party’s legitimate interests, such as processing for the purposes set out in paragraphs 14 (a), (b), (c), (g), (h) and (i), which is carried out on the basis of our legitimate interests to ensure that Services are properly provided, ensure the security of our business and our Users and the proper administration of our business;
- d. processing necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, such as processing for the purposes set out in paragraph 14 (j); and
- e. any other applicable legal grounds.
18. We use “cookies” to help you personalize your online experience. A cookie is a text file that is placed on your hard disk by a Web server. Cookies are not used to run programs or deliver viruses to your computer. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a Web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time. The use of a cookie is to tell the Web server that you have returned to a specific page. For example, if you personalize pages on our Websites, or register for services, a cookie helps us to recall your specific information on subsequent visits. When you return to the same Website, the information you previously provided can be retrieved, so you can efficiently use the customized features. For more information about cookies, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
19. Cookie consent and opting out. By using our Services, we assume that you are happy for us to place cookies on your device. Most Internet browsers automatically accept cookies. However, if you, or another user of your device, wish to withdraw your consent at any time, you have the ability to accept or decline cookies by modifying your browser setting. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of our website, our platforms and Services.
Retention of Personal Data
20. We retain personal data for as long as is necessary for the purposes listed above or longer as may be required by the law.
21. We may keep an anonymized form of your personal data, which will no longer refer to you, for statistical purposes without time limits, to the extent that we have a legitimate and lawful interest in doing so.
Security of Personal Data
23. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will take reasonable steps to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
24. Right to be informed: You are entitled to know whether we hold your personal information and the purpose your personal data is processed for.
25. Right of access: You are entitled to obtain a copy of your personal data, together with an explanation of the categories of data being processed, the purposes of such processing, and the details of third parties to whom the data may have been disclosed to.
26. Right to rectification: You are entitled to correct / update your personal information available with us.
27. Right to erasure: You are entitled to get your data erased from our customer relationship management (CRM) databases.
28. Right to data portability: You are entitled to obtain and reuse your personal data. You can either obtain the data from us or, in turn, provide it to a third party (if you so wish), or ask us to transfer your personal data directly to a third party.
29. Right to object / restrict processing or both: You have a right to object / restrict the processing of your data in some circumstances, including where the data is inaccurate (for the period during which we are verifying the data), the data is no longer required in light of the purpose of processing, or in connection with direct marketing (you can prevent / discontinue marketing communications to you by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your personal data), or by utilizing opt-out mechanisms in the emails we send you.
30. When you use our online career platform, we collect the personal data that you willingly submit while applying for jobs, and we use it for recruiting-related activities.
31. We use your personal data to send you relevant information about careers and opportunities with us and to analyse the effectiveness of our recruitment efforts and resources.